Meetings / Opportunities
2013 ICAR (Sydney): International Arabidopsis Informatics Consortium: The transition from TAIR to the Arabidopsis Information Portal (AIP); Lead Organizers: Chris Town (email@example.com; JCVI, J. Craig Venter Institute, USA), Blake Meyers (firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Delaware, USA), Magnus Nordborg (email@example.com, Gregor Mendel Institute).
Workshop Aim: This workshop will present the IAIC’s efforts to enable a stable data and resources access point for Arabidopsis bioinformatics to serve the global plant research community. An additional aim is to engage meeting participants in a discussion that will (1) allow input into the development of this new informatics resource (the Arabidopsis Information Portal, AIP) and (2) provide concrete examples of how the community can contribute to and benefit from it.
Program and speakers will be updated soon
Past Events (reverse order- most recent at top)
- 2013 PAG IAIC Workshop (Organizers: Blake Meyers and Chris Town): For workshop program and presentations, click workshop title.
- 2012 ICAR (Vienna): (1) Arabidopsis Bioinformatics: A Model for Other Organisms Workshop This workshop included presentations on: the current status of the transition from TAIR, the group developing an AIP proposal, and several ‘module’ prototypes that will demonstrate how the international community can link into the AIP. (2) Platform talk by Blake Meyers, IAIC Interim Director, ‘Responding to the Community- the International Arabidopsis Informatics Consortium and Development of the Arabidopsis Information Portal.’
- ASPB Meeting- Austin, Texas, USA (Saturday July 21, 7:30-10:30 pm)-Plant Informatics Workshop: Presentations include: the TAIR/IAIC transition; Gramene; iPlant; and Plant Metabolic Network.
- General IAIC Workshop: open to the public/attendees at the 2012 Plant and Animal Genome Conference (San Diego, USA). January 16/Pacific Salon 6,7.
- Design Workshop: on-site participation by invitation only. December 11-14, 2011. Emory Conference Center; Atlanta, Georgia (USA).
- General IAIC Workshop: open to the public/attendees at the 2011 Plant and Animal Genome Conference (Jan. 15, 2011, San Diego, USA). Inaugural community workshop to develop the IAIC: International Conference on Arabidopsis Research (ICAR) in Yokohama, Japan (June 6-10, 2010).